Blue Water Manor has been a special place for many people for a long time. Enjoy the pictures and information provided. If any of our past guest or neighbors have any neat information, pictures, or history you can add to our page e-mail us at
The following is reprinted from the book "Old Bolton" with permission of author William P. Gates. Available where books are sold, or order from W.P. Gates Publishing, 1 Glenwood Avenue, Queensbury, NY 12804.
The History of Blue Water Manor
John R. Loomis Jr. of Glens Falls hired Hiram Ferguson Seaman of Bolton to
do the stonework on his fine summer home, Stone Manor, on a cliff in Basin
Bay. Built in 1923, Loomis, who worked in the insurance business, had seen a
magnificent stone fireplace at The Hermit's Rest in Grand Canyon, Arizona,
and wanting the same for himself, sent Seaman a postcard showing its
picture. Seaman quarried the stone for this project from the west side of
Route 9N. Loomis owned the mountain across 9N, and built the cottage
"Roost", now replaced, on the top of the mountain overlooking Basin Bay and
In 1941, title to the Roost was
transferred to Ethelyn Trimbley. Another cottage he had constructed was
known as Camp 13, which became the George Morgan home in 1938. The primary
Loomis home, Stone Manor, still stands and is the main building overlooking
the lake at Blue Water Manor.
Old Brochures, Old Pictures, Great Stuff!!
Blue Water Manor has been a top-class
resort destination for years. Below is a mid 1950's brochure featuring the
Outside of Brochure
Inside of Brochure
4436 Lake Shore Drive, Diamond Point, NY 12824
4436 Lake Shore Drive, Bolton Landing, NY 12814